Immigration Issues/EB2 eligibility--PERM

Question
If job requirement is EB2 eligible and I have 3 year bachelor degree followed by 2 year work experience. Then I got US 4 years bachelor degree then 3 years of work experience.

1. Will I be eligible for EB2 ( bachelor + 5 yrs experience )if I join new employer ?

2. Can i use experience that I got while working full time during F1 OPT period?

3. I had also work part time while in F1 as computer tutor. Is that experience valid to qualify for EB2.

4. Is it possible to be eligible for EB2 based on education , if I get master's degree after joining the company ?

Thank  you for your time and help.

Answer

I recommend filing PERM (also known as labor certification) under EB3. The USCIS does not allow combining degrees, and your highest degree completed is a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree. In addition, the employment experience should be counted starting from you when complete the U.S. degree.

Your OPT is considered post-completion of degree training and I do not recommend it being considered as employment experience for determining whether you qualify in EB2.

If you complete master's degree while employed by the sponsoring employer, then the master's degree will not be helpful in being sponsored in EB2 category by the same employer. However, if you complete your master''s degree and you are sponsored by a new employer, then the PERM application can be filed in EB2.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora