Immigration Issues/EWI and Leaving USA



I am from Pakistan came to USA from Canada about 12 years ago as EWI. I don't have US visa or I-94. I want to go back. I do have valid Pakistani Passport. I heard that first I need to appear at DHS/INS office at Airport before leaving USA ?


You can depart from the United States on your own, unless you are in removal proceedings.
However, if you feel that you may need to prove that you left at a certain time, request a departure document from the POE you are leaving the US through or an arrival document from whatever POE you are entering into another country.


Annick Koloko

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]