Immigration Issues/Eligibility for citizenship

Question
Hello,
I was present in US unlawfully for 1 day and got caught. i took volunteer deportation. Later i got the green card lawfully and came to US. I have been living in US for more than 5 years. I am thinking to apply for citizenship. i was wondering if US immigration will deny my request for citizenship? I am planning to submit the application for citizenship and i will furnish the required documents. i want to know what documents i need to furnish with application? Thanks

Answer
Hello Samit:

It seems that you accrued unlawful presence in the United States for a day. However, your voluntary departure is a positive event in your immigration history.
I do not believe that you are ineligible for US citizenship, however you should disclose and be prepare to furnish an explanation.
If you need further assistance in preparing your citizenship application, you can contact me at annickk@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko
www.kolokolaw.com

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko