Immigration Issues/H-1B Denied

Question
Hi Ajay,
My H-1b got denied from one contract company. They are in the process of re appealing it. They are waiting on some documents from client and they will file for it within a week or two.
Meanwhile I got an offer from another contract company, but for the same client. They will also file for my H-1 within a week. As you told me earlier that each H-1b Petition is independent of another, do I need to inform  this new contract company that my H-1b got denied and they are filing for reappealing or Can I leave it as is without informing them anything.

Answer

You do not need to inform the new company. The H1B petition filed by the new company will be considered independently of any previous H1B filings. Moreover, the new company does not need the permission of your current H1B employer to file a petition, and multiple companies can file H1B petitions for you. You will maintain H1B status if you work for at least one of these H1B employers. It also means that you are not required to be employed by an H1B employer if you work for another H1B employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora