Immigration Issues/Minimum Income Requirement for Green Card Holder seeking Citizenship

Dear Annick,
I am a green card holder who plans to apply for citizenship in the next year or two. Please could you let me know what the minimum income requirement for me is? I believe it is $13,538 (125% of the current poverty guidelines). What would be a safe figure to declare? And is that total or adjusted gross? I am preparing my taxes and would be most grateful for a quick response. Many thanks.

Dear Samia:

The minimum income requirement varies according to the size of your household. You did not state the size of your household.
The minimum income required for an N-400 applicant, is equal or above to 125% of the 2010 poverty guidelines. Your state of residency will dictate the appropriate income.

Annick Koloko,Esq.

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko

Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.

Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.