Immigration Issues/Opening a branch in USA that has already main office in Canada

I'm an immigrant to Canada and i recently opened up a business in Canada. It's a sole proprietorship. My friend in Alaska would like to open a branch of my business in Alaska, USA. So, i was wondering how can i open up a branch in USA? I don't mind him opening the business on behalf of me and i can look like i'm franchising it. However, i think i would much prefer to open under my name and then assign him as the branch manager...

So, questions:
1. How can this be possible?
2. Can my business stay as sole proprietorship or it has to be limited as it will be international?

The business involves with web design and anything that relates to design.

Thanks for your time,
Mehmet aka Matt

Hello Mehmet:

You should contact a corporate attorney in Alaska to help you with this process. It is not clear whether you are planning to live in the US. If this not the case, it is not an immigration issue, but a corporate matter.

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko

Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.

Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.