Immigration Issues/Opening a branch in USA that has already main office in Canada

Question

I'm an immigrant to Canada and i recently opened up a business in Canada. It's a sole proprietorship. My friend in Alaska would like to open a branch of my business in Alaska, USA. So, i was wondering how can i open up a branch in USA? I don't mind him opening the business on behalf of me and i can look like i'm franchising it. However, i think i would much prefer to open under my name and then assign him as the branch manager...

So, questions:
1. How can this be possible?
2. Can my business stay as sole proprietorship or it has to be limited as it will be international?

The business involves with web design and anything that relates to design.

Thanks for your time,
Mehmet aka Matt

Answer
Hello Mehmet:

You should contact a corporate attorney in Alaska to help you with this process. It is not clear whether you are planning to live in the US. If this not the case, it is not an immigration issue, but a corporate matter.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko
www.kolokolaw.com

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko