Immigration Issues/Spouce of SIV immigrant

Question
Dear Sir/Madam:
I am a green card holder,I came to the States by the SPECIAL IMMIGRANT VISA program for the Iraqi translators who worked on behalf of the US army,I arrived the states on the 2nd of November 2009,I am intending to go to Iraq to marry my fiance, and i would like to know what is the possible way to sponsor her to come with me to the States,and is it possible to apply for her in the same program i did (SIV),also how long the process will take roughly for all that?
regards
thanks for help

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Hussein,

First of all, let me thank you for serving in the military with your invaluable skills. As far as sponsoring your soon to be wife, I believe that she would be eligible for immigrating immediately because the SIV category is considered to be 'current' on the visa bulletin.  Depending on how quickly the Dept. of State works abroad, she might be able to enter within 6-8 months, but that is just an estimate.

If you have further questions or need help with this, you can feel free to contact me again.

Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7

Eileen Chun-Fruto