Immigration Issues/Been arrested, renewal F1 and F2

Question
Hello,

I am a student in a USA university on an F1 visa, my wife has an F2 visa. We were arrested 2 years ago. My charge was "disorderly conduct", and was dropped. My wife's was "resisting arrest without violence". We were both released on the same day of the arrest and my wife did community service and now her case is closed. Do you think that this can stop us from renewing our F visa or eventually getting an H1B visa or green card in the future?

Thank you,

Luis.

Answer
Hello Luis:

Arrests and/or convictions even for crimes that may not be serious for U.S. Citizens, can have serious immigration consequences:. If you are fingerprinted, this can delay visa issuance even if you are not convicted or if your record is expunged .
ANY arrest or conviction will cause a positive “hit” in NCIC and delay new visa issuance. It does not matter if you take the record of your arrest or conviction with you to the consulate, as they will still have to wait for the NCIC Report.
Thus, it is highly probable that this incident will affect your visa's renewal.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko
www.kolokolaw.com

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko