Immigration Issues/f2 visa


I am in US with F2 visa but it does not give permit to work.
Is it possible to apply for jobs and if the recruiter find the candidate eligible can they apply for work permit in the behalf of the applicant?

Hello Roopsi:

The F-2 dependent visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows dependent spouses and children of F-1 student visa holders to enter into the U.S.
You may not take up paid employment while in the U.S. on F-2 visa.


Annick Koloko

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.