Immigration Issues/US greencard with Canadian citizenship

Question
Hi...
I have an aunt who is a Canadian citizen who just got a green card from U.S. (my parents applied for her).  She needs to come to US for job for a day and wanted to see if there was any problems with her returning to Canada that day.  She doesn't want to lose her green Card or citizenship at the time until she makes sure she wants to move to US. Does she need to do apply for anything?

Answer
Hello:

You aunt will have no problem returning to Canada as she is a citizen of that country. However, a US legal permanent resident is required to maintain residency in the United States.  Your aunt may be deemed to have abandon her residency, if she cannot demonstrate otherwise.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko  

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko