Immigration Issues/interview

i have an interview coming up soon for my green card,i was in the U.S.A. in 2008,and over stay my time by ten weeks,i am in my home land of Trinidad & Tobago since November 2008 to the present time .i will like too know how that will affect my migration.thank you very much

Hello Brian:

Will you be going to the US embassy in Trinidad for an immigrant visa interview? Did you qualify for such visa through a relative?
A visa overstay will be relevant during your interview. You may be requested to file a waiver of inadmissibility based on accrued unlawful presence in the United States.
It is at the consular officer's discretion.

Annick Koloko, Esq.

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko

Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.

Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.