Immigration Issues/overstay rules

Question
My husband and I came to u.s on a tourist visa in 1987, we married in 1988, we have never left the u.s. my daughter who was born in the u.s is now 21 and will be sponsoring my husband and I. we own property, drivers license's and have no criminal record.
my question is will we be able to travel overseas after we receive our legal status? Thank-you

Answer
Hello Teresa:

Once you received your temporary permanent resident card, you will be able to travel without any issues. However, if you need to travel while your application for permanent residence is pending, you will need an Advance Parole.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko