Immigration Issues/petition of U.S. citizen for sister

Question
Hello, I hope you can answer my questions.  Okay, back in 2001 my uncle who is a U.S. citizen made a petition for my mom, who has been here for over fourteen years. The petition was approved. My first question is this, how much longer do you think it will take for my mom to finally get her residency?  My second question is: I heard of someone who also petitioned for his sister and not only did she received her residency but so did her children and husband. Can this really happen?  If this is true then my last question is this: I'm twenty years old, will I be able to get my residency through my mom considering the fact that I'm over 18?

Answer
Hello:

A U.S. citizen can sponsor his or her brother or sister for permanent residence. However, under this category (4th Preference), it usually takes about 10 years to obtain the green card, from the approval of the I-130. You should check the Visa Bulletin.
Furthermore, when your mom will reach the front of the line, you can join her by applying for an immigrant visa (as long as you are unmarried and under 21).

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko
www.kolokolaw.com

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko