Immigration Issues/question


a friend of mine married an illegal and she was wanting to get advise shes been married 3 YEARS and has 1 chile thats 2 and they are currently working on there paper work but was reading a question and he was finger printed at the border but never given any paper work and never went in front of a judge never had any problems with police and they are going for a waiver but the answer to a question that id seen stated that they could file for an adj of status b/c has family member here (his wife) is that true or not? what is your advise on what they should do

Hello Kelly:

You did not state whether your friend's husband entered the United States with a visa. Was he inspected by an officer?
Spouse of a US citizen may be eligible to adjust his/her status in the United Stated under certain conditions.
The length of his presence in the United States may be very relevant.

It is difficult to answer your questions without more details.


Annick Koloko

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.