Immigration Issues/I was used.


my wife got her green card in dec of 09. I caught her cheating on me the following month my phone records prove that. I also caught her a hotel on top of that she has a cell phone that she keep hidden from me for months I truly think that she has used me to obtain a green card it only been two years since we been married we are suppose to go back for a follow up meeting in about 14 months how do i stop her from getting permanent status?

Hello Michael:

This is a delicate situation. Marriage fraud is considered a crime under immigration law.
You would have to submit evidence of such fraud to USCIS. Please be advised that infidelity does not automatically means that the marriage was entered in bad faith.
You will have to prove that yous spouse enter the marriage for one reason: to obtain permanent residency.


Annick Koloko

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.