Immigration Issues/Adjustment of statut through mariage

Question
my name is Linda i came to the US in 2007 with F1 visa. i stopped going to school in 2008.  in 2009 two ICE officer came to look for me in friend's house but i was lucky cuz they didn't t find me over there!  i am getting married next week with us citizen that i knew since 2001 and we do share the same background ( same origin, religion, same city, same university...)  can immigration put a deporation order against me even they couldn't find me? if so, am i going to have trouble getting a GC?    can I juste to ahead and file by my self or it would be better if i hire a lawyer?
what forms should i file?
 thanks"

Answer

I suggest that you be sponsored by your U.S. citizen spouse immediately upon marriage. This  will allow you to be employed legally in the U.S., and if you have already been placed in removal or deportation proceedings, these can normally be adjourned until you are granted resident status in the U.S., at which point the removal or deportation proceedings are irrelevant.

Since you initially entered the U.S. legally (even if you are currently violating status), it is important that all sponsorship paperwork such as petition for alien relative, adjustment of status application, etc. be filed concurrently with the USCIS to enable you to preserve your rights. I suggest going through a qualified immigration lawyer. You have the option of emailing our law firm at info@h1b1.com for additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora