Immigration Issues/B1 visa chances after B2 got rejected

Question
Hi, my wife has been rejected B2 once as she wanted to accompany me to US on my business visit. She was just going as a tourist. Now, her company is sending her on B1 for 2 weeks. I just want to know that after being denied once, are her chances bleak? Her company is sponsoring the trip and she has got all the papers and invite letters. should she be proactive in showing letters to the VO? what she should be keeping in mind at the interview?

Answer
Hello Kunal:

Your wife will have to submit evidence of ties into your country, as well as proof as to the purpose of her trip to the United States.

As to the interview, she may have to overcome any red flags raised by the previous visa denial.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko