Immigration Issues/B1 visa chances after B2 got rejected

Hi, my wife has been rejected B2 once as she wanted to accompany me to US on my business visit. She was just going as a tourist. Now, her company is sending her on B1 for 2 weeks. I just want to know that after being denied once, are her chances bleak? Her company is sponsoring the trip and she has got all the papers and invite letters. should she be proactive in showing letters to the VO? what she should be keeping in mind at the interview?

Hello Kunal:

Your wife will have to submit evidence of ties into your country, as well as proof as to the purpose of her trip to the United States.

As to the interview, she may have to overcome any red flags raised by the previous visa denial.

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko

Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.

Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.