Immigration Issues/B2 Visa Sponsorship

Question
Dear Ajay,

I came to USA along with my wife ten years ago (year 2000) on B1 Visa and found an employer who changed my status to H1b as the employer hired me at that time and her was changed to H4. We had only B1/B2 stamped but we left and entered USA 2-3 times since year 2007 on Advance Parole and then we received our Permanent residency some six months ago.

Now i want to invite my mother-in-law as visitor during summer.

Please suggest us whether we should send all old and new passport copies but the old passports only have B1/B2 stampings and we do not have H1 or H4 stamped in our Passports or the current passport is enough which has one Advance Parole entry stamp along with a PR stamp for one year. We will be sending the copies of PR Cards along with bank statement and affidavit. My wife is still a housewife and thus suggest me the documents i should be sending for her mother's visitor visa sponsorship from my side.

thank you in advance for your time and reply to my query.

Answer

It is OK to send current passport only. You should attach in addition to the documents noted in your email your employment letter verifying your job title, salary, dates of employment, and whether job is full-time or part-time. It may also be a good idea to attach recent pay stubs, W2 for 2009, and a recent bank statement (checking or savings account). Also a letter addressed to the Consulate from you and your wife indicating that you are inviting Ms. [name] for a visit lasting [a period of time, not to exceed 180 days] and that you and your wife take responsibility for providing financial support and taking care of all expenses during this visit, and ensuring that Ms. [name] departs the U.S. as per the I-94 issued to her at the port-of-entry to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora