Immigration Issues/B2 Visa sponsorship papers

Question
Dear Eileen Chun-Fruto,

I came to USA along with my wife ten years ago (year 2000) on B1 Visa and found an employer who changed my status to H1b as the employer hired me at that time and her was changed to H4. We had only B1/B2 stamped but we left and entered USA 2-3 times since year 2007 on Advance Parole and then we received our Permanent residency some six months ago.

Now i want to invite my mother-in-law as visitor during summer.
Please suggest us whether we should send all old and new passport copies but the old passports only have B1/B2 stampings and we do not have H1 or H4 stamped in our Passports or the current passport is enough which has one Advance Parole entry stamp along with a PR stamp for one year. We will be sending the copies of PR Cards along with bank statement and affidavit. My wife is still a housewife and thus suggest me the documents i should be sending for her mother's visitor visa sponsorship from my side.

thank you in advance for your time and reply to my query.

Answer
Eileen Chun-Fruto, Los Angeles immigration attorney writes:

Dear Sumesh,

Congratulations on your newly earned permanent residence!  Inviting your mother-in-law for the summer can be problematic.  You also don't indicate what country she is from.  As you may know, some Embassies are extremely strict with issuing visitor visas.  It sounds like you are in the right track in providing your bank statements and affidavit, but be forewarned that the Embassy is also interested in knowing that your mother-in-law has ties to her home country which she will not abandon.

Whether you send your old and new passport copies, is to me irrelevant of that more important issue of proving your mother-in-law's non-immigrant intent, otherwise known as Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.  When people are denied visitor visas, the reason:  "214(b)" lack of non-immigrant intent is one of the most commonly used reasons for denial, so you may want to concentrate some of your attention to that type of documentation.

Good luck,
Eileen Chun-Fruto
www.fongandchun.com
www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com
http://www.superlawyers.com/california-southern/lawyer/Eileen-Chun-Fruto/e5bf6f7  

Eileen Chun-Fruto