Immigration Issues/B2 Visitor Visa - revisit

Question
My mom is with me for 2 months on B2 and due to family emergency, she should leave now. Can I get her after 2 months? How long should I wait before her revisit to US? If she comes after 2 months, what kind of questions will be asked at the port of entry?Appreciate your time.
Thanks!

Answer

If she has a multiple-entry, unexpired visa, she should be able to enter without any problem, esp. as she did not stay for close to the full six months that most persons are legally able to stay when entry is made on B2 visa. If she is asked questions at the port-of-entry, she can explain that her earlier trip was interrupted due to family emergency (and be ready to provide details or evidence with respect to this claim), and that she fully intends to depart the U.S. within the time alloted to her as per I-94 form issued at port-of-entry.

If she needs to extend her B2 visa status while in the U.S. so that a new I-94 with an additional six months is granted by the USCIS, an application requesting extension of B2 status should be filed with the USCIS prior to expiration of her I-94 the next time she enters the U.S.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora