Immigration Issues/H1B to F1--no paystubs

Question
Hi ,
I am on H1 since 16 months and i don't have any pay stubs . Is there any option to convert it to F1 with out pay stubs .
And wt are the neccessary documents i need to transfer from H1-F1.
And wt are my chances of getting my conversion .

Answer

In order to change status from H1B to another nonimmigrant visa status within the U.S., you would be required to show that you are maintaining H1B status. This is shown through payment of agreed upon salary by the H1B employer as noted in the H1B petition. It is OK to be paid more than the stated salary, but you should not be paid less. For the above reasons, change of status to F1 is not likely to be granted. You would need to apply at a U.S. Consulate in your home country for F1 visa stamp.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora