Immigration Issues/can i get work on temporary visa

I would like to move to america, where my friend is a citizen. How would i get a visa? Could i get a temporary visa and still work there? How Long does a temporary Visa last? I am a uk citizen thank you i also looked at the immigration website but find it confusing.

Hello Claire:

In order to work in the United States, you will need to obtain a employment visa. There are several type of visas (L1, H1B, etc..) with different requirements; you should assess your professional background in order to determine the appropriate fit.

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko

Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.

Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.