Immigration Issues/I-130 Approved procedure

My brother applied (for sister) I-130 in June, 2002 and it was approved in Oct, 2009. I am based out of India.

(1)What is the next step We need to do and how long it takes to get the GC and to land in USA?

(2) With the current trend as per the cut off dates given by US State dept., what will be approximate time frame to see the filing date of June, 2002 to become current.

(3)Will NVC(National Visa Center) send the packet to my address in India or to my brothers address in USA.

(4) Is it worth investing time and money now to do the Canadian PR visa taking my situation into consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Shah:

Upon approval of the I-130 petition, your sister will have to submit additional paperwork (Affidavit of Support, etc). Once all the paperwork has been completed, you will be interviewed at the US embassy in your country. An immigrant visa will be issued, allowing you to enter the United Stated as a permanent resident.

2) Please see the State Department website

3) NVC will send the packet to the address provided

4) This is out of my expertise.

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko

Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.

Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.