Immigration Issues/I-485 vs consular processing

Question
first of all thank you for your time
My I-140 for future employment(company B) got approved. i am going to my home country for H1B visa stamping with my current employment(company A). I am planning to file I-485 once i come back to US since my priority date is current. What would be my scenario to come back to US if I got stocked over there and how long its going to take for overall process?

Answer

H visa status allows for intention to immigrate to the U.S., so the Consulate should issue you the H1B visa stamp. If for some reason the Consulate does not issue you the H1B visa stamp, you can apply for immigrant visa (green card) at the Consulate based on current priority date. Information about priority dates in general is here: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora