Immigration Issues/Adjustment of status

Question
Hello,

My father is being petitioned by my grand-father. My family's case will be current soon. I am no a F-1 student in the United States. Can I apply for adjustment of status instead of going back to my country for an interview with my family? If yes, what do I have to do?

Thank you very much.

Answer

If you will be under 21 years of age when the priority date is current (see www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm for explanation of priority dates), then you can adjust status along with your family.

You may be able to fit in the Child Status Protection Act if you are 21 or over chronologically by subtracting the amount of time that the immigrant petition was pending with the USCIS (difference between date of filing and date of approval) when the priority date became current.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours or email info@h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora