Immigration Issues/Criminal record / green card aplication

Question
Hi. My girlfriend ( she is a U.S citizen ) and I ( claudio ) are making plans to get married and then she is going to file the adjustment of status for me. However, she has some criminal record. She has a felony for burglary in april of this year and to arrests for driving on a suspended license. My question is. Can my green card be denied based on her criminal record? Also, I have NO criminal  record at all. Not even the smallest ticket ever! Please help me out. I'm concerned that because of her record my application will be denied. :-(. Thank you souch. Claudio

Answer

As long as the U.S. citizen spouse is not in jail at this time (and thus unable to attend marriage interview, etc.), there is no problem with your being sponsored.

If you are in the U.S. at this time, all sponsorship paperwork (such as petition for alien relative, adjustment of status, etc.) can be filed concurrently with the USCIS.

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora