Immigration Issues/Divorce

Question
Hello, my question is my brother was married for a few years and finally he was able to fix his wife's papers. After 9 months she left my brother. We were wondering is there anything that can be done, she has an unconditional greencard. We just feel that she now was just with him until she got her papers.

Answer
Hello Maria.

Marriage fraud is a serious allegation under immigration laws. Your brother will have to submit documentary evidence that his spouse entered in the marriage for the sole purpose to obtain immigration benefits.
Is your brother a US citizen or lawful permanent resident? Given the fact that your former sister-in law has an unconditional resident card, it will not be an easy task.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko