Immigration Issues/EB3 to EB2

Question
Is there an option to upgrade the processing from EB3 to EB2 category provided we get some high recommendation from client/employer? Current stage is I-140 approved and I-485 filed. Thanks

Answer
EB3 cannot be changed to EB2 after PERM (also known as application for labor certification) is filed with the Department of Labor.

A new PERM application would need to be filed with the Department of Labor. If the position requires either a Master's degree, or a bachelor's and 5 years of progressively responsible employment experience, then after PERM certification by the Department of Labor the I-140 can be filed in EB2. You can retain the earlier priority date when filing new I-140.

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@@h1b1.com if you need additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora