You are here:

Immigration Issues/Finding my Portuguese girlfriend a USA job


I've been searching all of the internet for a way to get my girlfriend a job and a way to enter the U.S. Should I just hire a lawyer to help us with this issue or should we keep looking for company that will sponsor her? She is 20, has recently graduated from a Hotel Management degree, she speaks fluent English, and has an advanced level of French and Spanish (Spain).

Hello Ryan:

You will need to retain the services of a competent immigration attorney. However, finding an employer willing to sponsor your girlfriend is paramount to the issuance of an employment visa.


Annick Koloko, Immigration Attorney

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Annick Tchokonte-Koloko


Ms. Koloko's practice includes removal defense, political asylum, federal litigation, consular processing, criminal law, and assistance in business and family based visas. Ms. Koloko is an experienced litigator who practices regularly in courts throughout the United States.


Ms. Koloko had litigated cases before the Immigration Courts as well as the Board of Immigration Appeals. Ms. Koloko also handled successfully numerous non-immigrant and immigrant applications before USCIS, as well as US Consular Posts.

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Western District of New York Admitted in New York

Ms. Koloko received a JD from the University of Paris, as well as Master of Laws (LLM) from Franklin Pierce Law Center.

©2017 All rights reserved.