Immigration Issues/GC processing and changing employers

Question
Hi Ajay, My question is regarding utilizing EAD for employment. My EAD is with current employer and I was planning to take a job with another company using my EAD. The new company is not willing to continue sponsorship even though the accept EAD for employment. In this case, will I be able to process/renew my EAD myself when it expires without interaction/inputs from current employer? Will it affect my Green card processing?

Answer

EAD allows you to work legally for any employer.

Whether you green card process is still successful depends on the following: If your I-140 (also known as petition for immigrant worker) is approved, and I-485 (adjustment of status application) is pending for at least 180 days, your I-485 can still be approved even if the original employer revokes its I-140 petition as long as the new employer is willing to submit a detailed statement to the USCIS verifying that the new job is same or similar to the original job.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com if you have questions.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora