Immigration Issues/Marriage to U.S. Citizen

Question
Hi, I am basically from India and from the last 8 Yrs I m residing in US and I have the US Citizenship. I have to get marry in India now, so which Visa I should apply to get my spouse in US after marriage. In addition just wanted to ask that do I have to stay in India for atleast 3 Months to file the Spouse petition for my spouse. Pls guide the correct Visa which I should apply.

Answer
The K3 petition should be filed with the USCIS after marriage takes place as per your plans in India. Proper filing will allow your wife to join you in the U.S. with K3 visa stamp issued by the USCIS. Additional information about K3 visa category is here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a

The K3 petition is filed with the USCIS after marriage occurs. There is no requirement for any residence in India.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com if you require additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora