Immigration Issues/Query related DS230

Question

I reside in Mumbai India and have got married in Jan 2010. My husband has US citizenship. I have applied for my greencard. My I-130 and I-864 applications have been accepted. We are yet to send DS 230.

We are planning that once my greencard gets approved my husband will come down to India and we will fly together to US. However, that is tentative. The question is in form DS230 we are required to mention whether the spouse will accompany when I fly to US or not. Is it possible that my husband can accompany me even if I have mentioned in DS230 that none is going to accompany to US?
Or is it possible that we write in DS230 that he going to accompany but later on if he cant will there be any problems?

Please clarify the query accordingly we will fill the forms.
Thanks.

Answer

Since you are not certain whether your husband will fly with you, it is OK to put "no" on the DS230 as there is no disadvantage.

In any event, it is a free country and your husband can always travel with you when departing Mumbai, India.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora