Immigration Issues/Work Permit Renewal

Question
I have a status adjustment application pending at USCIS.  My current work permit expires this month.  Is the I-765 the correct form to file to renew my permit?  And can you tell me whether I am eligible for a waiver of the $340 filing fee (I think I am but can't tell from the USCIS website).

Thank you

Answer

Yes, I-765 is the correct form. You can file up to 120 days prior to expiration of current employment authorization document (EAD). Please note that if your current EAD expires, you cannot legally continue employment until the new EAD is issued.

Regarding fee waivers, the following webpage is helpful: http://www.uscis.gov/feewaiver

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora