Immigration Issues/dating while awaiting green card

Question
I recently started dating someone who has a H1B visa and has obtained labor certification.  He has filed his immigration petition and is awaiting a decision.  Before I met him, his wife filed for a divorce and there are minor children.  The wife and children will depend upon him to obtain green cards.  Is our dating going to endanger the process?  What if they postpone the divorce until after they obtain the green cards?

Answer
The family of this person will receive their green cards at the same time, but if an action for divorce is filed, or if they are separated, then the family will not receive their green cards at the same time (or receive green cards at all, to be more accurate) as the principal applicant.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora