Immigration Issues/Extension of I94

Question
Hi, I am on H4 visa accompanying my husband who's on H1. His I94 as well as visa is valid upto September , 2012. However , my I94 expires in August 2010 . Do i require to renew or extend my I94 ? Is there any difference between renewal and extension . I would appreciate if I could receive any guidance on the subject matter. Thanks

Answer

An application to extend your H4 status should be filed with the USCIS prior to expiration of your I-94 (August 2010).

An unexpired visa stamp in passport is required only to enter the U.S. However, maintenance of valid nonimmigrant status in the U.S. is determined by I-94 expiration date.  

Ajay K. Arora