Immigration Issues/Fiancee Visa

Question
I am a Canadian citizen and engaged to an American citizen.  I have previously lived in the U.S. under my step father's H1B visa for about 6 1/2 years, but moved back to Canada when he and my mom moved to Australia since we never obtained our green card in that time.

I am wondering if me living in the U.S. previously will have any effect on the fiancee visa process.  I have had all my medical checks and fingerprinting done, but that was four years ago, so would I have to go through that process all over again?

Answer

Your earlier stay in the U.S. will be no impact on the fiancee visa process. Once the K1 petition filed by your fiance is approved by the USCIS, you will again have to obtain the medical and fingerprinting, etc. in Canada as per any other fiancee visa case in order for the U.S. Consulate to issue you the K1 visa stamp to allow you to enter the U.S. and marry your fiance.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com if you need any guidance about K1 process and are thinking about legal representation.

Ajay K. Arora