Immigration Issues/H1B specialty occupation

Question
I have a US masters degree in Accounting. If I got a job as a QA Analyst can the company apply for H1-B for me. The company develops financial software and the requirements for the job says tax and payroll expertise required and bachelors in computer science or Accounting or Business management required. What will be the chances for H1-B approval for this scenario if this company applies for my H1-B. Can I apply as a masters candidate instead of bachelors candidate.

Thanks in advance,
Erina

Answer

If the company states that the minimum requirement is a master's degree, then the prevailing wage is increased, and the company will be required to pay you a higher salary, i.e., a salary that U.S. workers with master's degree are paid in the geographical location where you will work.

H1B can be successfully filed with a minimum requirement of bachelor's degree in specified fields; therefore the petition should be approved with bachelor's requirement.

Ajay K. Arora