Immigration Issues/H1B transfer issue

Question
i have working on h1b with compant A. i got a job offer from company B ( a consulting company) for a third party client. i sent company B my H1b tranfer papers . i didn't signed any offer letter or agreement with company b till now. company B filed LCA for me and before they field for h1B transfer , i changed my mind and informed company B that i am not going to join them. now company B threatning me that they will sue me for the damages and fees they spent and put a stay on me so that i can not work for any other employer while the case is in court of law . i have all my personal and other information with them as i sent them all the documents for H1B transfer. there is no offer letter and agreement signed between us and it was only verbal communication apart from some E mail exchanges and documents sent for transfer of visa. any body please advice does company B can create any problems or file any suit againt me . what are my rights ? i am still working for company A and don't want to get into any trouble.. can company B file any suit against me and trouble me ?

Answer

Co. B has no valid claim against you, and thus is extremely unlikely to file a lawsuit.

Also note that you can have multiple H1B approval notices, and as long as you continue to work for at least one H1B employer (such as Co. A) you will maintain your H1B status. This holds true even if for some reason Co. B files the H1B petition with the USCIS and obtains approval, and then revokes the H1B petition (your signature is not required anywhere on the H1B petition filed by a company).

Ajay K. Arora