Immigration Issues/H1B visa for real estate agent

Question

I am currently in my OPT that will expire in 7 Oct, and I am applying for an H1B visa as a marketing analyst in a real estate company. I have a real estate agent license, so is it possible to include a real estate agent job role in my petition in order to receive comissions plus a fixed salary (from the marketing analyst position)?

Thank you.

Answer

H1B regulations state that the offered position be a specialty occupation requiring completion of a relevant bachelor's degree to properly perform the job. The position of marketing analyst is a specialty occupation, whereby real estate agent is not. I suppose that you have at least a bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field.

H1B regulations also require payment of a salary. Receiving any portion of your compensation through earning commissions is not permissible.

You can call our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580, or email info@h1b1.com if you require additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora