Immigration Issues/L1 to B1

Question
Hi Ajay,

I'm currently in US on L1b.My employer just confirmed that i'll have to move back to India, as they're not renewing my visa.

1.So, can i get a tourist visa, so that i can stay here and search for another job.
2.Would i be required to get the B1/B2 stamping done?

3.And what would be my expense for filing tourist visa.

Thanks,
Amit

Answer

You can change status from L1B to B2 (visitor visa status). It is important for the change of status application to be filed with the USCIS prior to expiration of your authorized stay in L1B status. The application is signed by yourself, and your employer's cooperation is not required.

Since you will be granted change of status within the U.S., visa stamping is not required. The USCIS filing fee is $300.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com if you require additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora