Immigration Issues/L1 to H1 visa

Question
I am currently in USA on L1B visa for Company A. I got an employment offer from company B, but they require me to have H1B visa. What would be the best way of converting my L1 to H1 visa. What would be the whole process of doing it

Answer

Co. B would file H1B petition for you. Your signature is not required anywhere on the H1B petition to be filed by Co. B.

You should be ready to submit documentation to Co. B that you are currently maintaining L1B status (such as recent pay stubs) and evidence that you have the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree. Examples of required documents are here: http://h1b1.com/faq.htm#Checklist

You should check with Co. B whether you can select your own attorney to prepare the H1B petition, which must in any event be signed by Co. B before it can be filed with the USCIS. If Co. B is agreeable, you can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional advice without obligation.

Ajay K. Arora