Immigration Issues/Marrying and Asylee

Question
I want to marry a person who is on asylum status in america. His assylum application got approved this year in January. He will probably be applying for the green card in january of 2011. I am on H1B visa. I got my H1B approved last year 2009. I want to ask if he applies for his greencard next year how long will it take for him to get the green card considering that he is from Pakistan.   
Second question is if I marry him when is it better for me to adjust my status using his status. I don't want to be changed to asylee status. should I adjust my status when he applies for his green card. or should I wait until he gets his green card approved.   
Please let me know what the best approach would be in this case in terms to immigration issue/adjustment issue if we get married.
Thanxs alot

Answer
Hello:

The processing times for an adjustment  of status vary greatly. You should consult the visa bulletin on the USCIS website for more details.
Furthermore, you should proceed with your adjustment of status as an H1B. You cannot adjust your status through your husband until he becomes a lawful permanent resident and files the paperwork on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Annick Koloko

Annick Tchokonte-Koloko