Immigration Issues/PERM transfer to different location

Question
Hello there
I am working in a hospital. My perm has been approved. My I 140 has not been filed yet. Can I transfer to a different hospital but within the same organization and keep the approved perm from the previous hospital?
thanks for your help
John K

Answer

The recruitment for U.S. workers that was conducted as part of PERM preparation was conducted for a specific employer at a specific geographical location prior to the filing of PERM with the Department of Labor. However, if the new work location where you will be assigned on a permanent basis is within the same metropolitan area (within the same county, for example), then the PERM application should remain valid as long as the organization remains the same.

You may call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for any additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora