Immigration Issues/illegal alien

Question
my cousin married a man from st. vincent about 5 years ago prior to that he had been in the country about 20 years illeagly but he has been in prison and is afraid that when he trys to go for his green card he will be deported.he is currently on dialysis and does not know if his country has treatment my cousin really wants him to go home because she can not afford to take care of him what should she do

Answer
it is very likely that he will be deported if he applies for his green card as the authorities will then go through his history and will find the truth. However, your cousin is required to report him as this is an obligation of every citizen. With her knowing that he was illegal for such a longtime she might be implicated and face charges on her own. I would suggest to visit a lawyer in this case

Katrin Maja Maehl