Immigration Issues/4th family sponsorship category and priority dates

Question
my sister's petition for me and my family for 1-130 f4 category has just been approved,what is the next step ? is it waiting for visa availability? how many years to wait for this visa to be granted? thanks

Answer

The priority date (when the I-130 petition was initially filed with the USCIS, formerly the INS) should be noted on the I-130 approval notice. If the priority date is June 01, 2001 or earlier as per latest U.S. state department visa bulletin http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html then a visa is immediately available and you should receive correspondence from the National Visa Center with instructions to apply at the nearest U.S. Consulate. Information about priority dates is here: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Ajay K. Arora