Immigration Issues/Change of Status from H1B to F1

Question
I am in USA on h1b visa but i don't have any project so my payroll is not running from past 4-5 months.
now i want to change my status from h1b to f1 but collage is asking for the 2 recent pay stubs.
my question is what should i do in this case as i don't have any recent pay stub.
How can apply for a change of status.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks

Answer
In order to change from one nonimmigrant status to another within the U.S., you need to show that you are currently maintaining your visa status. Since you are not currently employed by the H1B employer, you are technically violating H1B status and thus cannot be granted change of status (such as to F1 student status) within the U.S. You would be required to apply for the appropriate visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in your home country.

Ajay K. Arora