Immigration Issues/F2A converted to F1 family preference category

Question
good day boss Ajay,
i was refused to get a f2a visa last week by the us embassy here in manila, the consul said i wasn't eligible to have it this time because i am overage @ 26yo,so they will convert my case into F1,family 1st category.
My questions are:
1. How long will it takes to process my visa again?
2.what do i expect to happen?

A million thanks and more power!

Answer

It appears that the petitioner became a U.S. citizen since the initial I-130 petition filing. That is OK, as you will retain the same priority date noted on the I-130 petition. Information about priority dates (PD's)is here: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

The petitioner should notify the USCIS (formerly the INS) about the fact that he or she is now a U.S. citizen. When the PD is current for F2A category, you should receive correspondence from the National Visa Center (NVC) with instructions to allow you to apply at the nearest U.S. Consulate for issuance of immigrant visa (green card).

Ajay K. Arora