Immigration Issues/H1 transfer approved without I-94

Question
Dear Ajay,

I am working for company A, I applied for H1 transfer through company B.I submitted all the required papers to company B and want to India with their permission (March 2010).Company B filed the transfer while I was in India (April 2010). USCIS approved the transfer and stated that they had records saying that I left US in March 2010 but no record that I came back, so they did not attach an I-94 with the approval petition. Right now I am in USA since June 2010 with an I-94 from the company A's H1, but I am not sure If that is valid.
So what am I supposed to do.

Thanks

Answer

Since grant of extension of status (EOS) requires that you have been in the U.S. when Co. B filed for you, and to continue to remain in the U.S. until EOS has been granted, and since the H1B approval notice did not grant you extension of status, in order to be employed by Co. B, you will need to either depart the U.S. and enter the U.S. again on unexpired H1B visa stamp in U.S. passport (even if the visa stamp has Co. A's name), or else have Co. B again file H1B petition requesting EOS.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora