Immigration Issues/H4 extension while H1B transfer to another employer

Question
Hi Ajay,

I want to know the procedure for H4 extension/transfer for my wife. I am i an situation that my current H1b is due for an extension in last week of sept2010. My current employer(company A) has filed for my H1b extension. Now i got a job from company B who is ready to file for my h1b transfer and they are doing it some time next week in normal processing. They told they can only bear expenses for primary H1B holder not for the dependents(My wife -H4 holder). Now if i want to submit for my wife's H4 extension while company B filing for my H1B transfer , What are the documents i need and what is the process i need to follow. can i file for H4 extension for my wife myself after i get my H1b transfer receipt ? . Apart from I539 what other forms i need to fill for my wife and what all documents to attach.
I i tell my employer B that i can send you the required documentation for my wife's H4 extension and they can attach with my H1b petition, then what documents i need to send them.

i highly appreciate your help in this regards. Thanks in advance

Answer

H4 application is signed by the dependent, and it can be submitted concurrently with the H1B petition, or it can be submitted separately anytime prior to I-94 expiration. The employer's signature is not required on H4 application.

H4 application is made on Form I-539. As to required supporting documents, please check USCIS instructions on Form I-539 or proceed through an attorney specializing in immigration law. The following webpage from our website may be helpful: http://www.h1b1.com/family.htm

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora