Immigration Issues/Husband's status

Question
I have been with my husband for 8 1/2 years and been married for 5 years, we have two kids together, and i was wondering how i could make him a legal resident. He came here illegally from El Salvador over 10 years ago. I've talked to a couple of lawyers about it but they all tell me the same thing, but I've talked to a couple of police officers and law enforcement agencies and they told me he could apply for something like a neutralization permit?
I mean is there anything that I can apply for him, because it would be a major hardship to loose him if he had to go back because, everything is in my name and i don't have a decent job, and my mom recently just passed away, i don't know I would be able to afford everything. I just really need help. I'm sick of living in fear, i don't want my kids to loose their father!
Is there anything I can do?

Answer

Unfortunately, since your husband entered the U.S. illegally, he will be unable to adjust status in the U.S. under the current laws. At the same time, if he departs the U.S. for any reason, he will be unable to enter the U.S. for 10 years as he will be subject to the 10-year bar to entry to the U.S. There is no solution to your question.

Ajay K. Arora